694 ratings (4.362 average)
What's new in this version (2.2.4):
* Jelly Bean (4.1) support
* Toggle keyboard popup on startup(Settings)
* Persist search type for each tab
* Bug fixes
* Avoid OCR crash on devices without flash
* Don't clear translation query string for OCR
* Fixed typos
* Fixed widget layout bug
* Improved UI and icons
* Italian, Wordnet and Combined dictionaries
* Share actio
Japanese and kanji online dictionary
Android frontend for Jim Breen's WWWJDIC
Donate version available.
*** New: Version 2.0 now supports tablets and Japanese text-to-speech.
* (new) Italian dictionary support
* (new) ICS support
* full tablet (Honeycomb) support
* Japanese pronunciation (install 'N2 TTS' from Market to enable)
* text to speech for kanji and dictionary entry translations (English/German/French/Spanish/Italian)
* multi-radical kanji search
* kanji of the day widget
* Japanese sentence translation
* example search with approximately 150,000 examples (Japanese/English pairs)
* example word breakdown/translation
* animated stroke order diagrams for over 6000 kanji
* history and favorites
* history and favorites backup and restore
* favorites export to CSV and Anki
* handwriting recognition (including offline via the Kanji Recognizer app)
* OCR-based handwritten kanji recognition, does not require correct stroke order
* Optical Character Recognition (OCR) -- just take a picture of any kanji you want to look up
* multiple dictionary lookup (General/Japanese Names/Computing/Life Sciences and more)
* multiple languages supported (German/French/Russian/Swedish/Hungarian/Spanish/Dutch/Slovenian/Italian)
* romaji input
* kanji compound search
* kanji lookup by reading, meaning, radical or stroke count
* radical table showing radical variations
* automatic mirror selection for best performance
* Camera permission is needed for OCR
* Coarse location is needed to select the closest WWWJDIC mirror
* For more details, see the FAQ:
Email me for bug reports and feature requests:
Follow me on Twitter for latest updates: @kapitanpetko
Release announcements and detailed explanation of new features on my blog:
Last comments from Android Market
Love the app! Very useful with Simeji or Han-writing IMEs. Kanji widget picks useless/obscure ones though. Add "limit to joyo" option?
@nikkichan kanji not displaying is a problem with your Japanese font.
No multiradical searching, and some kanji don't even display (on a Japanese android no less). Kotoba! for iphone is a much better version of wwwjdict.
Awesome...been using for a few months. Goes well with a side of Kanji Recognizer (same company) 5* HTCevo
Why doesn't the kanji widget update daily?
Very good can find all the words I need
Beautiful app. The kanji lookup is a godsend. Search results need more relevancy though.
Great app. But, when using sentence translation sometimes for compound kanji it will show the meaning but not the reading. If fixed, will give 5 stars