1198 ratings (4.674 average)
What's new in this version (1.45):
- Updated stockfish engine to version 2.3.1.
- Support for network chess engines.
- Configurable hash table size.
- Localized names for chess pieces and figurine notation.
- Option to display captured pieces.
- Improved layout in landscape mode.
- Reorganized preferences.
- When loading a game, automatically switch game mode to edit/replay.
- Improved "One Touch Move" behavi
DroidFish is an Android port of the very strong Stockfish chess engine, combined with a feature-rich GUI.
- Opening books: Internal, polyglot, CTG
- Analyze mode
- Two player mode
- Edit board
- PGN import/export/edit
- Adjustable playing strength
- One Touch Moves
- Color themes
- Animated moves
- Scid DB support using "Scid on the go"
- Highly configurable
- Third party UCI engines
- Gaviota endgame tablebases
- Free, GPLv3
Source code is available from my web page.
The following permissions are used:
Modify/delete SD card contents
To save games to SD card
Full internet access
To communicate with network chess engines
Prevent phone from sleeping
To optionally prevent screen blanking during game play
To optionally vibrate after computer makes a move
Last comments from Android Market
Very tough AI! Love it!
I have never won from this monster yet. Quite a challenge. Wonder if Kasparov would win.
More update! Good app.
Great app. I really appreciate how easy it is to setup a position and run in analysis mode..perfect adjunct to reading chess books or mags
A handful of people in the world can beat this engine. Ai is over 2919 as it beats ChessMaster10 everytime. Needs ai level adjust bad. Till then lame!
Great app. Fun to play BUT would be awesome with a limit strength feature.
On Droid Incredible using this and two others for variety. I am an average.player and enjoy all 3 (this, SparkChess + Goldfish chess).
Fantastic! Strong.Extensive PGN support.I convert my "cbh's" to "PGN's" in Fritz,to use'm in here. I can play, study,analyze .Responsive developer.
Great app for playing and also best at handling PGNs.