10166 ratings (4.777 average)
What's new in this version (1.6.19):
* Tip:Turn on 'Faster Communication' in the OBD settings for faster read speeds!
* BUGFIX for a bug that crept into 1.6.18 causing the app to crash on start
* Maintenance release - fixes some minor bugs reported by users
* Sony Xperia P 'pin issue' fix
* Changes for Innotrends units that update via Google Play
* If your phone goes slow when Torque quits then you have bugged bluetooth drivers - enable the 'Han
See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings - more accurate than just using plain old GPS - see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay - a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won't suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability - see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for 'OBD2' on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices Kiwi Bluetooth, ELM327 and other ELM adap
Last comments from Android Market
Delete and recreate the MPG gauge, also make sure the 'dont calculate mpg' setting isn't ticked. MPG *does* work. Some ECUs limit coolant readings.
Great app!!, only problem I have is the coolant gauge needle always stops at 130- Droid X...MPG NO LONGER WORKS
5 stars when it can be set to auto activate bluetooth and wifi services. Great app, worth the cost several times over. Hero 2.2.
Excellent. Bought the 30 dollar Bluetooth adapter and connects within seconds. First bought app for me and don't regret it.
Awesome program. Able to do practically everything from my droid 1 and bluetooth obd2.
Solid app, could use a more friendly set up.
Gps stays on when program shuts down. Drains battery. Evo
Really nice but is limited on vw. It doesn't acknowledge my turbo.
Had a glitch when first installed. Was showing wrong code (bad maf sens)corrected itself and now shows correctly. Dev responded next day to help. Thx!
At first it glance u have no idea the options and use - the online dtc lookup n drive cycle n 02 n much much more