557 ratings (4.567 average)
What's new in this version (1.0.46):
* Disable experimental code causing issues with bluetooth headsets.
* Hopefully allow installation on devices lacking GPS.
A real time bus tracker for LRT Lothian buses written by Andrew de Quincey and Colin Paton, using data from the CEC My Bus Tracker website. Please visit http://code.google.com/p/redbus/ for more information.
* If something isn't working right and you have the time to spare, could you please send an email as well as commenting. It greatly speeds up fixing things if we can ask for more detail on the problem than Market comments allow (although we do appreciate those too).
* If the app "goes missing" after a recent update, I'm informed that uninstalling+reinstalling it using "Settings>Applications>Manage Applications" should restore it.
* If you have a homescreen icon on an HTC Sense phone, the picture will not be updated until you reboot. However, it should function just as before without a reboot. We can't do anything about this issue as it appears to be an HTC bug.
* We are unable to use the new pre-caching or vector maps support as seen in the most recent Google Maps versions. These features are only available internally within the Google Maps application itself, and Google have made no way to use them from an external application. Therefore, we are stuck with the basic bitmap-based maps with no pre-caching until Google decide to support this. If they ever do, we would definitely want to use it.
Last comments from Android Market
Fantastic app but could be improved by allowing you to set a reminder for any bus and not just the next one due at the stop.
Working fine here; sometimes the servers which supply bus times are busy or offline. Not much I can do about that.
Used to be great. Now I just get connection errors when trying to fetch bus times
Thanks Andrew, works perfect and has been so useful since the local weather turned a bit rough, keep up the good work
Orwell Dog (*****)
Very reliable, use all the time. I would pay for this app.
Absolutely rubbish. Just kept me waiting 30 minutes in -3 degrees temperatures for 3 non-existent buses. Obviously doesn't' "track" but uses timetable
Very handy indeed and really easy to use.
good app but could do with a feature where you put in destination, it reads gps and works out good options for you.
So useful. Initially had another app that did the same but it was no where near a good as this.
Just brilliant. Grand job with this app