1146 ratings (4.428 average)
What's new in this version (1.0.8):
* basic key server support (HKP, please report bugs :))
* app2sd (untested, let me know if there are problems)
* more choices for pass phrase cache: 1, 2, 4, 8, hours
* translations: Norwegian (thanks, Sander Danielsen), Chinese (thanks, Zhang Fredrick)
OpenPGP for Android. It's open source and its goal is to provide a similar OpenPGP implementation as GnuPG.
NOTE: Internet permissions are ONLY used for key server queries. I didn't like the idea of APG requesting those permissions either, but it is open source and the code shows that it doesn't use those permissions for anything else.
* manage secret/public keys (eg. GPG/PGP)
* encrypt/sign/decrypt/verify emails and files
* some integration into GMail accounts on the phone
* integration with K9
* HKP Keyserver support
* basic key creation and editing possible (beta)
* Intent API for other apps
Note: Internet permission is now needed because of the key server support.
Please rate it and suggest features you want.
Last comments from Android Market
Excellent! APG does every thing I need. Because it is Free Open Source, I can recommend it to the disadvantaged users that I support . Thank you!!
I only wish it could render decrypted mail properly
Now just needs PGP/Mime support
Simply the best PGP application for Android. Integration with K9 mail makes it even sweeter.
Works amazingly well. Wont be needing my laptop for secure mail anymore!
So far, quite excellent! Would like support for encrypt AND sign, and support for various keyservers and key revocation. What's there is excellent!
thanks a lot for this app!
Wonderful! Works flawlessly! 10 stars! Please work on key support or let it sync to keyservers. I had to connect to computer to copy keys to phones SD
Superb app. Only thing missing for me is keyserver support