205 ratings (4.229 average)
What's new in this version (1.0.4):
- Added preferences for changing background color, muting sounds, disable vibration (thanks Seb), changing mobile website (thanks Malcolm!)
- Updated Help screen
- Added option to specify port for TiVo (thanks James!)
- Added option to hide embedded web page (only applicable to tablets)
- Fixed first time Help screen opening on tablets (thanks Greg)
- Minor layout and performance improvements
Tired after a long day at work and want to relax on the couch while watching your favorite shows but can't find your TiVo® remote? Grab your phone, you've got it with you anyway. Problem solved!
- Control your TiVo Series3™ (or greater) with your Android phone or tablet!
- Search for your favorite shows using the built in keyboard
- Simple design, easy to use
Suggestions and feedback are always welcome!
1) Connect to Wi-Fi
The device running RCX must be connected to the same network as the TiVo®. Typically this means the device must be connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
2) Enable "Network Remote Control"
Enable the "Network Remote Control" setting on the TiVo. Do this by navigating the TiVo menu to "Settings & Messages\Settings\Remote, Cable Card & Devices\Network Remote Control".
3) Add the TiVo network IP address to RCX
Your TiVo network address must be added to RCX. To find the TiVo network IP address navigate the TiVo menu to "Settings & Messages\Settings\Network & Phone". The TiVo network IP address should be displayed. Tap the "gear" icon in RCX, choose "Add TiVo" and enter the information requested. Alternatively you can choose "TiVo DVRs" and use the experimental "Scan" button.
- The RCX on-screen keyboard appears when the device is rotated to landscape mode. If the rotation is locked you won't see it.
- The keyboard only works in the standard TiVo menus (search screens). It may not work in other menus (YouTube® searches for example).
- The TiVo web site accessed from the RCX menu can be changed in the options. This is particularly useful if you live outside the US.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of Tivo Inc.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
Last comments from Android Market
Works GREAT! Keyboard appears when cell is turned horizontal into landscape mode. HTC Evo & Tivo HD.
Using tivo premium n an htc evo n this app is the best..so simple 2 set up n use n best of all..its free..thanks dev..awsome job :-)
Jeff T. Riffer (****)
Works with Tivo HD / HTC Evo Works as advertised. Keyboard does NOT display until you change the orientation of your Android phone! Being able to type in the text to search for is a HUGE timesaver. Would be better if you could use the
Can't get letters on qwerty to work just numbers. :( P.S. Needs a widget & more familiarity with buttons. ;) htc EVO 4G
Very Cool... This thing saves me from having to get the tivo slide remote. Makes searching for shows so much easier. For those who have trouble getting it to work, remember to set up the tivo to accept network remotes.
Htc incredible, tivo series3 Worked great! Thanks.
Using tivo prem.
Works, would be cool if it had the option to autopause the tivo while takeing a call.
Slick. Just remote functionality with a handy keyboard. I'd love to see the same browse features that are in the official TiVo iPad app.
Not working on my Motorola Droid or my Xoom to either of my TiVo HD's.