20 ratings (2.900 average)
What's new in this version (2.0.3):
Recompiled for Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3).
Special fix made 6/25/2012 at 12:48AM CDT to resolve dummy test data issue found by users Mikki and Jim (both kind enough to write, thanks both of you!), and Chuck and James. Sorry for the mess-up there, folks! Restore your data using the Backup Center - it's still on your SD card. Find a date before the update and you're golden.
Checkbook Genius is recompiled and ready for Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3)! The screen shots shown on this page show how Checkbook Genius will look with Android 4.0.3. (Fonts may differ on devices running older versions of Android.)
Last summer, Checkbook Genius HIT 5,000 SALES! It is one of only FOUR apps in the Finance category to reach that milestone.
Checkbook Genius Version 2 is a new version of Checkbook Genius with improved graphics and support of Android 2.x phones. (NOTE: This is NOT an upgrade to previous versions of Checkbook Genius; this is a completely new package. Users with 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 should write the developer for an exchange to this version.)
Checkbook Genius is an electronic checkbook register and transaction manager. SD CARD REQUIRED. Please be sure to download manual at:
Look for the yellow "download manual here" link and click on it (from a desktop or laptop computer).
What makes Checkbook Genius different than other checkbook apps? Here's the list:
• Better user interface design – most important information is easy to find (like your balance). Checkbook Genius was designed by someone with YEARS of experience in software development.
• Backup Center – a way to protect your data, and also to move it from one Android device to another.
• Scratch pad – a handy place for jotting down simple reminders.
• Presets – an easy way to save recurring transactions and amounts and re-use them later.
• Context-sensitive help on nearly every screen.
• Color-coding for different accounts to help you distinguish one account from another.
• Quick-Adjust, for making those simple adjustments to your balance without having to reach for a pocket calculator or the calculator app on your smartphone!
• Reconciliation feature to let you check off cleared transactions, not just record them.
• Archival of cleared transactions to your smartphone’s SD card.
• Eight ways to sort transactions, six ways to sort accounts.
• Many different account types including gift cards, cash/tips, and IRA.
• Auto-complete typing of payees when you enter them.
• Optional password protection to limit access.
• Low-balance indicator changes balance color when it’s low and below zero. You choose the threshold.
• Color PDF user’s guide explaining full use of the program available at the product page’s web site.
• A full web site with product information – not just a blog - www.smallscreensoftware.com
You get ALL THIS for LESS THAN 4 DOLLARS – a GREAT value!
Be sure to click "Like" for Small Screen Software on Facebook!