282 ratings (3.943 average)
What's new in this version (1.5.3):
Works with Jelly Bean (Android 4.1.x)!
And also from this developer...OutOf, the nifty little grocery list app that's easy and fun to use. Check out:
Stadium Score is your own personal scoreboard system, with scoreboard-styled numerals, designed for Android tablet devices. Liven up any game or indoo
Checkbook Genius is recompiled and ready for Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.3)! The screen shots shown on this page show how Checkbook Genius will look with Android 4.0.3. (Fonts may differ on devices running older versions of Android.)
Last summer, Checkbook Genius HIT 5,000 SALES! It is one of only FOUR checkbook-type apps in the Finance category to reach that milestone.
Checkbook Genius is an electronic checkbook register and transaction manager. SD CARD REQUIRED. Please be sure to download manual at:
Look for the yellow "download manual here" link and click on it (from a desktop or laptop computer).
What makes Checkbook Genius different than other checkbook apps? Here's the list:
• Better user interface design – most important information is easy to find (like your balance). Checkbook Genius was designed by someone with YEARS of experience in software development.
• Backup Center – a way to protect your data, and also to move it from one Android device to another.
• Scratch pad – a handy place for jotting down simple reminders.
• Presets – an easy way to save recurring transactions and amounts and re-use them later.
• Context-sensitive help on nearly every screen.
• Color-coding for different accounts to help you distinguish one account from another.
• Quick-Adjust, for making those simple adjustments to your balance without having to reach for a pocket calculator or the calculator app on your smartphone!
• Reconciliation feature to let you check off cleared transactions, not just record them.
• Archival of cleared transactions to your smartphone’s SD card.
• Eight ways to sort transactions, six ways to sort accounts.
• Many different account types including gift cards, cash/tips, and IRA.
• Auto-complete typing of payees when you enter them.
• Optional password protection to limit access.
• Low-balance indicator changes balance color when it’s low and below zero. You choose the threshold.
• Color PDF user’s guide explaining full use of the program available at the product page’s web site.
• A full web site with product information – not just a blog - www.smallscreensoftware.com
You get ALL THIS for LESS THAN 4 DOLLARS – a GREAT value!
Be sure to click "Like" for Small Screen Software on Facebook!
DO NOT USE THIS UPGRADE IF YOU HAVE VERSION 1.3.0 OR VERSION 1.3.1 OF CHECKBOOK GENIUS.
EXISTING/RETURNING USERS - BE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR DATA, MANUALLY, BEFORE INSTALLING THE UPGRADE. THIS IS A NEW DATABASE, AND THAT YOU'LL NEED TO USE THE RESTORE PROCEDURE TO REPLENISH YOUR DATABASE. THIS IS IN THE CHECKBOOK GENIUS MANUAL, AVAILABLE AT THE SMALL SCREEN SOFTWARE WEB SITE AT WWW.SMALLSCREENSOFTWARE.COM.
Last comments from Android Market
Luv the simplistic look just wish it could project balance
Physical keyboard not working on G2.
Awesome except on the samsung moment when using the sliding keyboard the decimal point button makes a comma and force closes the program.
Awesome app! Easy to use and does exactly what it says! Thanks for the 2.2 fix. Works .great (:
Been using it for awhile and its perfect for a E-ledger.
I would give this app 5 stars if it allowed me to export via email a copy of my transactions. I've used other apps that had this feature.
Application hangs after initial setup an is unusable on my EVO. App also needs ability to transfer funds and availability of debit transactions.1*
Lame... This is not getting info automatically