453 ratings (4.528 average)
What's new in this version (2.1):
Google Backup support.
Ability to select number of departures to show.
Map now shows bus stop directions.
Include locality information with bus stops (e.g. Haymarket).
Ice Cream Sandwich user interface improvements.
Reviewed user preferences.
Fixed user interface glitches.
Fixed other small issues.
Performance improvements in the map and News sections.
Download the latest version of the official Edinburgh bus tracking application for Android. This application will let you view live bus departures for Lothian Buses services in Edinburgh, Scotland.
For those on older versions of the app, you MUST upgrade to continue using the app because of server changes, otherwise the app will stop working for you.
My Bus Edinburgh has the following features from previous versions;
* View the next departures for each bus service at each stop covered by Lothian Buses.
* Keep a list of your favourite bus stops to easily revisit them later.
* Ability to manually enter a bus stop code found at all bus stops to show live times for that stop.
* Fully integrated Google Maps which can show your location as well as nearby bus stops. Also, the map is fully searchable so you can search for places and bus stop names. Includes voice search from Google.
* Get the latest traffic and journey news from the Lothian Buses Twitter feed.
* The ability to change some application preferences.
* Favourite bus stops can be saved to the home screen on your device for opening easily later.
* QR code scanning support.
* EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES: The ability to add proximity and bus time alerts.
* Nearest bus stops listing using the device's current location.
* Bus service filtering in bus stop map view and nearest bus stop listing.
* Google Street View linking.
* And more...
...and new in the latest version;
* On certain devices on Android 2.2 (Froyo) or above, the application will automatically backup user settings and saved bus stops to Google Backup.
* Added a user preference where the user can specify how many departures per service is shown at each bus stop.
* Replace the bus stop marker icons on the map with new icons which show the direction of the bus stop.
* Where possible, show locality information for the bus stop.
* Italian localisation.
* Fixed an issue in the map search results list on certain devices where the row background colour was the same as the text colour making it unreadable.
* Made the ActionBar semi-transparent in the bus stop map for devices running Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) or later, like in the Google Maps app.
* Fixed an issue where loading the location settings activity on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) showed the wrong settings activity.
* Fixed an issue which crashed the app when trying to load the QR code scanning activity.
* Ice Cream Sandwich user interface improvements.
* Cleaned up the application preferences and renamed to "Settings".
* User interface and usability fixes.
* Performance enhancements for the bus stop map and News.
A very big thank you to Anthony Totton for supplying the artwork for the latest version. A big thank you to Matteo Doni for supplying Italian localisation and thank you to Ross McClymont for helping with beta testing.
This application is officially endorsed by The City of Edinburgh Council and Lothian Buses.
Follow My Bus Edinburgh on Twitter for the latest updates: @MyBusEdinburgh
Explanation of permissions;
- Network based and GPS locations: used in the bus stop map and nearest bus stops listing to find your location.
- Internet access: used to load bus times, update the bus stop database and load news.
- SD card: backups of favourites are stored here.
- Vibrate: used for alerts.
Disclaimer: this application does not support any other operator in Edinburgh than Lothian Buses (because it is not possi
Last comments from Android Market
Very nice app but would be nice to be given the option of a route map.
My favourite app, it's fab!
The 'view routes from this stop' map function of the Edinburgh Bus Tracker app gives it the edge.
A blessing in this weather
Looks quite good but crashes on map view on my HTC Hero. Switching back to Edinburgh Bus Tracker.
Crashes in map view on defy if autolocate is turned on
Good, but Edinburgh Bus Tracker is better.
I used the other bus tracker app but this one is easier to use and more professional
Great app. Good functionality and features.
Best Edinburgh Bus app. Love the look and feel of this program