286 ratings (4.028 average)
What's new in this version (2.1.1):
• Performance optimizations and bug fixes for camera orientation in Android 2.1+ devices
• Better in-call orientation support for Honeycomb-based devices
• Misc bug fixes
Make VRS calls virtually anywhere, anyplace, anytime directly on your Android device. Purple VRS is a video-based telephone relay system for deaf and hard of hearing customers. With Purple VRS, you can make VRS, Voice-to-Video and Point-to-Point calls over a 3G/4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
• Easier dialing with Google Maps, contact lists, Google Chrome –just tap the phone number and it can automatically make a Purple VRS or VP call
• Convenience of your call history at your fingertips -- making it easier to redial
• Be truly mobile – with the option to “ring this device first”
• Includes most features that you know and love on our P3™, including Special Instructions, Announce Relay and Spanish-language VIs.
• Flashing strobe light and vibration for incoming calls (on supported models)
Don’t have the separate PurpleMail™ app for watching your signed video messages directly on your Android device? Download it today -- it works seamlessly with Purple VRS. Search for it in the Android Market.
If you already have an existing Purple account, you don’t need to get a new number. You already have ONE number and Contact List for all your devices – Android, Purple VRS for Mac® and PC and VP-200®.
All Purple services are FREE to qualified deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
Currently supported devices: T-Mobile Sidekick 4G, Motorola Xoom™, HTC ThunderBolt™, HTC EVO™, Nexus S™ from Google, T-Mobile® myTouch® 4G, Samsung™ Epic 4G, Samsung™ Galaxy S 4G, Dell™ Streak 5, Dell™ Streak 7, Motorola Atrix™ 4G, Samsung Galaxy Tab™, HTC™ Sensation, EVO™ 3D, Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1, and the HTC™ Flyer.
It’s easy to stay up-to-date! Please be sure to mark the box “allow for automatic updating.”