2 ratings (5.000 average)
Designed primarily for Asian & Spanish ESL.
American Wordspeller & Phonetic Dictionary ESL.
"Find Your Word by the Way it Sounds".
Some examples on how you might spell these words below (up to 25 misspellings per word):
• city = You could type in…siti or site or sete…to find 'city'
• knowledge = You could type in…nolege or nolige or naulej…
• law = You could type in…lau or low or loh…
• jump = You could type in…llomp or yomp or iomp…to find 'jump'
• jubilee = You could type in…llubili or yubili or jiubili…
• gentle = You could type in…llental or yental…
Simply type in your word by "how it sounds to you". Find any word in the dictionary phonetically. NO spelling RULES required. Type the first 2-3 letters YOU THINK your word starts with into the search bar. If there are too many choices...add a 4th or 5th letter to narrow your search. Do not attempt to type in your entire word please, just a few letters.
FOUR RESOURCE TOOLS IN ONE
~Very brief definitions.
~Cross Reference Words: If your word sounds or is spelled like another word they will be cross-referenced. Examples, did you mean:
• petal/ pedal/ peddle
• metal/ meddle/ medal/ mettle/ middle
• carrot/ caret/ karat/ carat
• immigrant/ emigrant
~Suffix Speller - root word spelled out with all suffix endings attached.
Example: 'mad' = madder, maddest, madden, maddening, maddeningly, madly, madness
~Prefixes listed along with their definition. Example:
satisfied = dis (for dissatisfied) / un (unsatisfied)
*This app does not require internet connection! Few proper nouns listed.
* Activate "VoiceOver" on your iOS device to hear word + definition pronounced.
*This app will receive steady updates resultant of user feedback. Please submit requests for changes, questions or problems to our support team at:
Author: Diane Frank
Translator: Chris Carpy
App Designer: Clark Rinker