1 ratings (5.000 average)
What's new in this version (1.1):
* Add confirmation for "night" menu option to avoid accidents
* Reduce package size by 2KB
Shareth's Revenge is a remake of "Doomdark's Revenge", which was Mike Singleton's sequel to "The Lords of Midnight". My remake remains faithful to the 1985 original, while adding touch screen controls for Android.
You start the game with 3 characters: Luxor the Moonprince, Rorthron the Wise, and Tarithel the Fey. You are on a rescue mission to save Luxor's son, Morkin, who has been bewitched by the evil Shareth and is held prisoner in the lands far to the north.
The game ends if Luxor is killed. In order to claim victory, you must rescue Morkin and return safely to the Gate of Varenorn. For a more glorious victory, you can also try and defeat Shareth and get all 4 of you main allies home.
The remake also adds an auto-mapping feature, which is accessed from the save menu ("Back" on the main view).
* touch the lower half of screen in "Look" mode to move or change the view, touch the centre to move forwards, touch the left or right side to turn around.
* touch the upper half of the screen in "Look" mode to go to the "Choose" screen or the "Select Lord" menu. Touch the character to select a Lord, touch the text part to go to the "Choose" screen.
* Choose screen: touch the lower half of the screen to go back to the main view, touch the upper half to go to either the lord selection screen, the "choose" menu, or the status screens.
* Select menu items by touching them
* Back: will take you to the previous screen. Back on the title screen will exit the game. Back on the main view will go to the main menu.
* Volume Up/Down: Save a screen shot
* Home: back to the Android home screen (unused)
* Any other buttons: unused
* Touch the map view to move the cursor around. Touch near the edge to scroll.
Write to SD Card permission is required to save the screen shots.