50 ratings (4.180 average)
What's new in this version (4.34):
Features (from user feedback):
- Ability to show/hide compass, pitch/roll, position, to customise the HUD as well as what data is written on pictures
- Ability to add a marker from its MGRS coordinates
- Save the resolution setting and restore it when the app is restarted
- Tentatively fixed GS2 bug when reording a video - some GS2 specific custom parameters need to be passed to the recorder
GeoCam by Wazar is the leading geophoto and video application for Android. It uses augmented reality to show on top of your camera a layer of geographical information such as Compass orientation, GPS position and different phone inclinations like a theodolite optical instrument.
Android 4 users: if you get a FC on startup, please turn off hardware acceleration from your setting. A fix has been made and is being tested for the next release.
What you can do with GeoCam:
* GeoPictures: an original way of storing your holiday photo album. See all you pictures on Google Maps or on Google Earth on your personal computer with the export feature. Add markers with your comments on places you liked. You can share these albums with anyone who can run Google Earth, and use the EXIF GPS data stored by GeoCam to view them with any EXIF compatible application.
* GeoVideos: the first app to let you record videos with an embed layer of geographical data. A useful addition to pictures - you can see pitch, roll and compass orientation over time on charts.
* Bearings: GeoCam is an accurate measure tool. It shows your compass orientation (choose between magnetic or geographic North), your inclination and elevation with readable cursors (like a cockpit HUD). It can be used in terrain mapping, on a glide, sailing, mountain biking...
* Measurements: Evaluate the distance to any object with the triangulation feature. You can also measure its height once the distance is known. This is not done by showing any unreadable cursor on the screen, but with mathematical formulas. Choose between metric and imperial measure systems.
* GeoCaching: prepare a list of key places in an area and view them with your camera on augmented reality: name, distance. You will not require a data connection so it can be used when hiking abroad, when visiting another city... This will help you make sure you are going in the right direction and give you remaining distance. You can also add markers during your hike with the "Add here" option, for example to flag the base camp, a water source, or anything interesting you find on your way.
With GeoCam Pro, you get:
* No Ads
* Record and playback augmented video. This is a powerful tool in addition to geophoto to record the topology of any area for further reference, as you can add your own audio commentary. Augmented video is an exclusivity of GeoCam by Wazar.
* Export KMZ files to Google Earth, to display your pictures and markers in their original location and orientation, and share them easily.